Saturday 3 May 2014

Kenya day 1 - Arrived safely

The flight all joined up smoothly, thou it seemed a long wait at Nairobi for the Malindi flight. Anyway, here I am.
Bougainvillea - comes in many colours from orange to purple

First impression is of loads of colour, bougainvillia going crazy as 3 metre high hedges, red, no orange, soil and blue,blue sea. Needless to say, I've already been in swimming and it's so warm, I only came out because I was tired. I went for a walk on the Mwamba nature trail and found loads of massive butterflies. There are some lizards around the centre, and I had already spotted martins, pied crows, a heron and two black kites at Nairobi airport. I tried to take pictures of some birds on the nature trail, but they were too far back.
Mwamba Centre - entrance


My room is in one of the other buildings -under the verandah on the left
This is what it's like inside - the big white thing over the bed is the mosquito net which comes down like a tent at night.
Oh, it's gone dark - it really does go fast here. Dinner is at 7pm and I think I'll head for bed soon after - I didn't sleep much last night so I'm quite tired...

I'll put some pictures in this post soon, but not tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment