Friday 30 May 2014

Kenya day 28 - Some Goodbyes

I went for an early morning wander round the Nature Trail with Ben and Rachel, who went snorkeling with me yesterday Then after breakfast we decided to go swimming, but ended up walking along to the rocks at the south end of the beach. The tide was very far out and there were lots of rockpools to explore - I hope I'll have time for another look along there on Monday. Anyway, my companions left at lunchtime on a 24 hour journey back to the USA, about two-thirds actually flying and the rest hanging around airports!





 This afternoon I made a bit of progress on the Nature Trail booklet before it was time to go to Henry's leaving party. Henry is the Centre Manager at Mwamba, and he is going to Nairobi and then back to his family farm. Daniel is also leaving, and of course I'm going on from here next week too, so they had a big party at the local night club, with dinner, cake and icecream and dancing. Some folk are still there, but I'm taking advantage of the web while it's quiet.
Nightclub roof - wooden frame thatched with palm leaves



Stanley and Henry





Henry cutting his cake

Presents for Henry

Claire, Daniel and I also had a cake to cut

...and they'd made us special cards too :-)


Dancing the night away


Pictures for the last two days will hopefully appear tomorrow night or Sunday, power and internet availability being the deciding factors! Yes - Sunday it is, and the pictures are going up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment