Wednesday 14 May 2014

Kenya day 12 - Bird Ringing and Solo Birding

Today we were out early ringing birds in the Nature Trail, though we only got one - a Common Bulbul - because it came on to rain heavily.
Common Bulbul protests at the indignity of a close inspection

Still protesting!


The Songbook is ready for printing, so now I'm cataloguing the CD and DVD library. Its not huge, but the problem is that the climate here seems to spoil the disks, so we have to get them onto a hard drive. Some are already unreadable, so it's time to do something about it!

The power has been off most of the day, so eventually my laptop ran out of battery and I "had" to go for a walk! This time I went along to the end of the peninsula, and came back through the villages and palm plantations. On the way I came across two African Pied Wagtails and a male Amethyst Sunbird as well as several more Common Bulbuls!
African Pied Wagtail

Amethyst Sunbird


No comments:

Post a Comment