Tuesday 6 May 2014

Kenya day 3 - Getting down to it

This morning began with the Monday Meeting - everyone goes to it and we get to hear what's going on in the different teams.

Afterwards I had a chat with Jaap to sort out what I'll be doing. So I shall get to do some bird counting and ringing, and they've asked me to do a design for some booklets - not quite my usual field, but think I can do a reasonable job of it...

Blue Monkey at Mwamba - they jump across the roofs and make a lot of noise!
I spent the afternoon on the booklet design then went for a swim. It was fairly windy, and the sea was choppier than yesterday, but good fun, and the water's still really warm.

Just as I got showered, the power went off. It came on again during dinner, then went off again as we were about to watch a movie. When it came back on we just had time to see the film before the next blackout! That one lasted all night, and well into the morning...



No comments:

Post a Comment