Sunday 11 May 2014

Kenya day 9 - Sunny Sunday

I'm going to try to walk for an hour or so every morning, to keep fit for the Mount Kenya trip, so I started with a long walk on the beach this morning.

There are rock pools in both directions from here, but I was a bit too late to explore them properly today. Even so, I found some lively crabs and a small fish.
Sea Snail
Crabbit crab

I just had time to look past the rocks at the end of the beach before the tide came in, then I walked back past here towards Watamu and back. By that time it was getting pretty hot, so I was glad of the shade back at the centre.

I kept my binoculars and camera handy, for looking at the birds in the garden, but sometime over lunch a monkey pulled off one of the eyepieces from my binoculars and ran off with it. It's a pain, but the bins still work, so we just keep an eye open for the eyepiece around the place. Henry and I had a good look but no sign of it so far...

Just to make sure I can still use them, and to practice finding unfamiliar birds, I went round the Nature Trail and found an Olive Sunbird in the open area around the new building, and some Lesser Striped Swallows.
Olive Sunbird
Lesser Striped Swallow


1 comment:

  1. Judging by the none stop touring, working, walking you are doing suspect the extra hour may not really be necessary!? Great piccies- trying to kep up with you but a bit out of breath.

    ReplyDelete